- [April 29] Call for participation:
SciReC2021 - Scientific Recommendations Challenge is the first challenge with the goal of benchmarking a new recommendation dataset in the fields of Health and Chemistry. SciReC2021 is organized by LASIGE, Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon, Portugal, and KNODIS, University Automona/Politecnica of Madrid, Spain.
The challenge provides a standard dataset of implicit feedback focused in the fields of Health and Chemistry, specially developed from a corpus of documents related to COVID-19 disease (https://forms.gle/Bik6h6Zz62HG3YxYA). The items in the dataset are diseases from the Disease Ontology (DO) and chemical compounds from the Chemical Entities of Biological Interest ontology (CHEBI), with correspondence to the DrugBank. The goal of the participants will be, given a set of users with a set of items ordered sequentially, to provide a ranked list with the possibilities of the next item for each one of those users.
== AWARDS ==
Unicage will support this event by contributing with a prize for the team that achieves the best MRR. The prize is expected to be an open-source microcontroller board, such as arduino or similar.
Accepted contributions will be presented during the SciReC2021 Online Workshop co-located at the 12th ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics (ACM BCB).
- Test set release: May 31st, 2021
- Participants final results: June 21st, 2021
- Paper submission deadline: July 5th , 2021
- Workshop: August 1st, 2021
- Márcia Barros, Faculdade de Ciências, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
- Francisco M. Couto, Faculdade de Ciências, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
- Ángel González-Prieto, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
- Raúl Lara-Cabrera, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Matilde Pato, Faculdade de Ciências, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
- Fernando Ortega Requena, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
A detailed description of the challenge is available on the website of the SciRec Challenge 2021: https://lasigebiotm.github.io/scirec2021
- [May 31] Release of the test set:
Register your team and Download the datasets here: https://forms.gle/Bik6h6Zz62HG3YxYA Upload your predictions and get your score: https://lasigebiotm.github.io/scirec2021/competition